Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sweet and sour cucumber

The sun is shining here and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful spring day, so I'm going to keep it very short today. I'm going to do some work in the garden and later on my eldest girl has to swim for her final diploma. Very exciting! Hopefully all goes well!

Sweet and sour cucumber is probably one of the easiest sidedishes in existence. I serve this whenever I cook Indonesian, like nasi goreng or Bali chicken. It works great with a lot of Asian-style dishes with rice.

Recipe

Sweet and sour cucumber

Ingredients:

1 cucumber
3 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar

Instructions:

Combine the vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. I'm usually to lazy to stir until all the sugar is dissolved, so I stir a little, then add the cucumber and stir from time to time a little. Works very well!

Cut the cucumber lengthwise in half and cut both half's in thin slices. Add the slices to the vinegar-sugar mixture and let this "marinate" for approximately 1 hour. Stir from time to time.

Voila, your sidedish is ready. Oh, when serving, you don't want the vinegar-sugar mixture to end up on your plate, so with a spoon take out some of the cucumber and let the fluid drain a little, then put the cucumber on your plate.

Have great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment