Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oatmeal raisin cookies

As promised yesterday I'm going to give you a recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies. I know there are around 2.475 recipes (if not more) for oatmeal cookies. I know you probably already have a least a dozen recipes you like. Then why are you giving us another? you might ask.... Well, because these are probably the only cookies that my hubby actually likes. And he doesn't just like 'em.... He LOVES them. And that is a first because my hubby is definitely not a cookie-lover. I've tried out quite a few recipes over the years and he always said he liked them. But never before have I seen him react like he reacts to these cookies. Needless to say, the cookies never last long.... they don't stand a chance....

Recipe

Oatmeal raisin cookies

Yield: 36

Ingredients:

1/2 stick of butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
120 gram all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup raisins

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).

Mix butter, sugars, egg and vanilla till it's well combined and fluffy.

In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the dry ingredients to the buttermixture en stir until just combined.

Add oatmeal and raisins and fold them through the mixture.

On a baking tray lined with parchment paper drop heaping teaspoons of dough and shape them a bit like cookies (no need to be very precise, they'll still taste good, makes 'em kinda rustic).

Bake the cookies 8-10 minutes 'till the edges are light golden brown.

Place them on a wire rack to cool. And try to keep others from eating them!


Oh, and this great recipe I found at Annie's Eats.

Tonight I'm gonna try out another one of her recipes: Hummingbird cupcakes. I'll post all about it as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment