Monday, March 14, 2011

Bruge lace cookies a.k.a. Kletskoppen

Yesterday was a bit of a boring Sunday, so my hubby decided that I could very well make Bruge lace cookies (we call them Kletskoppen). Having never made them before I set out on a quest of finding a recipe. First I turned to my trustworthy cookbooks... but alas! The recipe was not to be found. This was quite a shock. My ever growing collection over cookbooks (currently around 100) does not easily let me down.

When I had somewhat recovered I turned to Google and there I found a recipe. Unfortunately the times as told in the recipe was a bit too long, as I discovered when the first batch burnt..... Don't worry I figured it out in the end so the recipe that follows works very well (for me at least). Keep monitoring the cookies while baking, because they burn very quickly..

Oh and I had planned to take pictures but the cookies that turned out well were eaten before I even had a change to get the camera ready. So next time, hopefully....

Recipe

Bruge lace cookies a.k.a. Kletskoppen

Ingredients

25 gram butter or margarine
100 gram soft white sugar
50 gram all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon of cold water
40 gram almond slivers

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 225°C (425°F). Combine the butter and the sugar. Sift the flour, salt and cinnamon above and stir. Add 1 tablespoon of cold water and the almond slivers.

Roll small balls of the dough. Put them on the baking tray. Leave plenty of space in between, because the cookies become much larger. Flatten the little balls a little.

Put the baking tray just above the middle of your oven, but NOT completely at the top of the oven (trust me... I learned that the hard way....). Bake the cookies for about 5 minutes, but monitor closely. When the cookies have spread, started bubbling and are starting to color, turn off the oven and move the baking tray to the middle of the oven. Leave them there for another 3 minutes. When the cookies are nice color brown they are ready. Put the cookies on a wire rack to cool.

When the cookies are still warm you can try to shape them, but they can only be shaped for a very short time!

Tomorrow I'll give you a great recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment