Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sort of spaghetti bolognese

I love cooking, but I have to admit I'm not a perfect cook. I'm very chaotic and though I like it if the food looks nice, I can't really be bothered to pay a lot of attention to looks. What I find more important is how it tastes. And the dish I'm making tonight sure tastes good!

It's very easy to make but does need to be put in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, so you really need to keep that in mind while planning to make this meal.

The recipe is one from Jamie Oliver, from his early work. I have to say that I like is early work best. Oh and, my cookbook is Dutch, so I translated it back to English. If I made a few mistakes.....sorry!

Recipe

Sort of Spaghetti Bolognese

Ingrediƫnts:

10 slices of pancetta or bacon
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary, only the leafs, finely chopped
Olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
455 gram (1 pound) of ground beef
1 glass of red wine
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 can of tomatoes
200 gram (7 oz) tomato paste of 1 small jar of sun-dried tomatoes
seasalt
black pepper
455 gram (1 pound) dried spaghetti
a handful of fresh basil
2 handful of grated parmesan cheese or cheddar

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350°F). In a large, hot fireproof 
dutch oven cook the pancetta and the rosemary with a little olive oil until slightly golden brown. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes until its soft. Add the ground beef. Cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes and add the wine. Let the wine slightly boil down, then add the oregano, the tomatoes and the tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil, cover with a lid and put in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.

When the sauce is almost ready you can boil the spaghetti.

Just before serving, add some fresh basil to the sauce. Serve the sauce with spaghetti and some freshly grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment