Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oreo Truffles

Now I know that Oreo truffles is not a novelty. I know that everybody probably already made them about a dozen times, but I don't care. I'm still going to write about it and give you the recipe!

You see, for me this was the first time a made Oreo truffles.... yes, yes, I'm way behind... as always...I know!

I read a lot of different recipes and made a version that sounded best to me. I also refrigerated and froze the stuffing, so I had absolutely no problem assembling the truffles. It's definitely worth your while to follow all the steps!

Recipe

Oreo Truffles

Ingredients:

8 ounces cream cheese
16.6 ounces Oreo cookies
8 ounces good chocolate for melting
a bunch of cocktail sticks


Instructions:

In a food processor mix the cookies. After a short while take a couple of spoons of not to fine cookie crumbs out and set these aside. Crush the rest until very fine crumbs.

Add the cream cheese and blend with the mixer until it resembles a sticky dough.

Put the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.

After an hour take the mixture out of the refrigerator and start rolling small balls (about 1 inch in diameter). It works best with your hands. Put the balls on a tray you can put in the freezer (I just used a plastic cutting board).

After rolling all the balls, put a cocktail stick in each ball. Put the tray with the balls in the freezer for about another hour.

Melt the chocolate with a double boiler.

Dip each ball into the chocolate. I waited a little while before putting them down on a tray lined with parchment paper, so the chocolate was set a little and didn't run off the truffle anymore.

After finishing the dipping, wait until the chocolate is hard. Then carefully pull out the cocktail sticks. Now put a tiny drop of molten chocolate on top of the truffle and then add a few of the cookie crumbs which you set aside in the beginning.

Keep the truffles in the refrigerator and try not to eat them all at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment