Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Caramel Frappucino

I know I'm not alone when I say I have a weak spot for a caramel frappucino. But whereas many of you are actually able to go to a Starbucks and order a yummy frappucino, for me that is not so easy. The nearest Starbucks is quite a long ride from here and so I'm forced to go without them for long periods of time.

This has always bothered me, but after making the Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce I was inspired. I figured that this caramel sauce might very well be the key ingredient to making my own Caramel Frappucino. So I did what most reasonable people would do... I turned to Google. I found an article on Ezine with a recipe they claimed was the original Starbucks recipe.

Now I'm a very sceptical person, so I thought....yeah right, but figured it couldn't hurt to try it out. And you know what.... It was great! And you know what else? It was easy! So now I'm probably going to have to start watching my intake.... because it does not look good for my waistline....

So, if you love Caramel Frappucino's... go make this... you won't regret it!

Recipe

Caramel Frappucino

Yield: 1 large or 2 small frappucino's

Ingredients:

1/2 cup cold coffee
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 cups ice
3 tablespoons Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce

Topping:
Whipped cream
Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce

Instructions:

In a bowl mix the coffee, milk, sugar and caramel sauce. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.

Pour the coffee/milk mixture into a blender or foodprocessor. Add the ice.

Blend until the ice is crushed.

Pour everything into a tall glass.

Top with whipped cream and a swirl of the caramel sauce.

Drink and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment