Sunday, June 12, 2011

Not-so-summery Strawberry Cake

It's time for a first! My first blog made on my brand new iPad! So don't be angry of it looks terrible or strange.... The summer vacation is almost here and I want to try and blog a little, while being in France. Not that I plan on doing a lot of cooking but we always see so many fantastic things, I thought it would be nice to be able to share it with you. So consider this a practice run. There will probably follow a few more.

But enough about that. After all the title of this article isn't: Yeah, I'm blogging from my iPad.

I had a pound of strawberries left-over and had recently read a recipe on SmittenKitchen for a Strawberry Summer Cake. It seemed like fate.

I set to work. The recipe was easy enough and presented no problems.

Before putting it in the oven it looked amazing.

But somehow while baking something went wrong. Instead of staying on top, the strawberries sunk straight to the bottom, where they completely dissolved.


It made the cake a real dissapointment and not something I'll be making again...

No comments:

Post a Comment