Thursday, March 17, 2016

Springtime

Some days I feel like winter is never ending. Even though this winter was exceptionally soft, it still feels never ending.

To say I don't like winter is an understatement. I don't like cold, I don't like snow and I don't like the dark dark days. As soon as autumn comes around I am already thinking ahead about sunny spring days.

Today felt like spring was finally coming. It was sunny and there was no cold wind. It's still cold and I still have to put on a warm jacket, but standing outside, in the sun I finally felt like spring was here. It gets me so excited! I can't wait for better produce and eating salads! Open windows, the sun on my face while working in the garden, the fruit trees blossoming. Ah, it makes me nostalgic!



Today I went to a small performance from Azira, my youngest daughter. Her class had a 10 week introduction course at school with music instruments. She already plays the guitar but now she plays a bit of clarinet as well. It made me realize that a lot of kids from school don't get to play instruments and although it is expensive, I'm so thankful that we are able to give her that experience.

I came home to a note from Nikki, my eldest daughter, lying on the table, saying she went to the shops with some friends. When did she become old enough to do that? All I want to say to her is stop! Stop growing! Stop getting older! Alas, she won't stop, which is probably a good thing....


No comments:

Post a Comment